When it’s time to sanity check designs, an Expert Review quickly reveals substantial usability improvements for little cost.
In an Expert Review our usability professionals will assess your existing system from the user’s perspective. We put your system through its paces to determine how usable it really is. We assess many different parts of your system including:
- menus and navigation
- how information is organised within pages and across the system
- how easily users can complete tasks
- consistency of visual and other elements
Results improve the user experience by helping to ensure a system is more practical, useful, usable and satisfying to use.
Optimal Experience has reviewed hundreds of interfaces for dozens of clients, and found that the Expert Review offers valuable benefits:
- flexible: reviews can be undertaken at all stages of our user centred design process, on paper-based, early stage prototypes or full working systems
- fast: reviews can be completed very quickly, typically providing a high number of actionable issues and recommendations
- informed: our consultants apply their collective knowledge of facilitating hundreds of user tests to your system
Results are typically presented as either tabulated reports or annotated screenshots. Our reports are:
- highly usable: simple to review and easy to communicate to other project stakeholders
- visual: annotated screenshots show you where the issue is, and anchor recommendations to particular aspects of your system
- prioritised: we rate issues to help you can achieve quick wins for substantial benefits
AA, Peace Software, the Ministry of Economic Development, Localist, Trade Me and the Ministry of Transport are just some of the clients that have undertaken Optimal Experience Expert Reviews.
1 – 3 weeks (ad hoc Expert Reviews of 2 hours or more are also popular).