Bring user needs, frustrations, and attitudes to life through Personas – then keep them at the heart of design.
Personas are often the quickest and most effective way to build empathy for the users of a website, system or service. Personas put a face and name to your research and represent the collective needs of your users.
Our approach to creating personas includes:
- researching business needs and goals, user and market data
- interviewing users to gain an understanding of what drives them
- analysing user interviews and determining what matters to them
- validating the personas with front line staff
- creating the final personas, and writing their stories.
Personas are a powerful tool that offer many key benefits:
- communicate: with stakeholders, developers and other designers
- build consensus: personas pull a team together around a shared vision of exactly which user groups are being designed for and what their needs are
- keep costs down: early consensus typically leads to less miscommunication and lower costs as more detailed decisions are taken
- walk in your users shoes: personas foster empathy for your site or system’s users so you can make design decisions that will help them
You’ll get a set of personas that reflect the attitudes, behaviours, motivations and needs of your key user groups. We can present these in a number of different formats, depending on your needs.