Great service does not happen by accident; it is carefully designed to provide the best possible experience for customers.
Good customer service can be hard to get right, because a service isn’t just one interaction at one time. Your customers are likely to interact with you through several different channels at different times – more like a journey than a single episode. A service may be as simple as taking a bus ride to as complex as starting a business.
At its simplest, to design the ideal end-to-end customer experience you need to:
- understand the current experience for your customers
- map their ideal customer experience
- identify and fix the gaps
Each project is different and we tailor our approach and techniques to suit.
In most cases, what is good for your customers is usually good for your business. Service design can help you to:
- save money: through streamlined processes and less rework
- increase loyalty: great customer service can increase customer loyalty and reflect positively on your brand
- grow your services: allow you to expand your service knowing that you’re starting from a firm position
- delight people: by making your customers’ and employees’ lives easier